Things to Do & Places to Visit
Friars Carse has extensive and impressive grounds and riverside walks for our guests to explore.
Fishing tickets are available should you wish to take advantage of our 1.5 miles of private fishing for salmon, sea trout and grayling. You can find out more here.
If you want to explore further afield you may be interested in:
- Whisky tours at Annandale Distillery
- Caerlaverock Castle – one of Scotland’s medieval fortresses
- WWT Caerlaverock Wetland Centre – nature reserve
- Golf – there are several courses in the region, nearby ones include Dumfries & Country Golf Club, Dumfries & Galloway Golf Club and the Crichton Golf Club.
- The Devil’s Porridge Museum – the history of the greatest munitions factory on earth
- Beaches & Coastal walks
- Ellisland Farm – family home of Robert Burns, famous Scottish poet
- Gretna Gateway Shopping Outlet – retail complex offering discounted designer label items
- Edinburgh – Scotland’s capital, just 1.5 hours drive
- Drumlanrig Castle – grand residence and grounds